Design House International (DHI) is committed to historic preservation. A community’s architectural history contributes to its personality and provides a link to the root of its people. DHI believes that America’s great historic homes bridge our heritage to our future. By preserving, protecting and restoring beloved properties, civic beauty is maintained, community pride is heightened and the appreciation of local and national history is increased. Additionally, there are economic, cultural, environmental and educational benefits to historic preservation and restoration; it is inextricably connected to our communities and, therefore, ourselves. Historic preservation is more than saving old buildings. Now more than ever, it has become increasingly more essential to support “green building” which reuses and repurposes historical structures that are already present.
To learn more about historic preservation and DHI Showcase House partners, visit the sites below:
- NATIONAL TRUST FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION: preservationnation.org
- PRESERVATION DIRECTORY: preservationdirectory.com
- OLD HOUSES: oldhouses.com
- FRIENDS OF GREYSTONE: greystonemansion.org
- HOLLYWOOD HERITAGE: hollywoodheritage.org
- L.A. CONSERVANCY: laconservancy.org